Monday, December 15, 2008

Generic End of the Year Post!

(look how cute my parents are!)


Merry Christmas Everyone!  I can't believe another year has already gone by.  Even though I am studying for finals just like a 2 year old Chinese toddler trains for the Olympics, I wanted to take a small break and say hello.  Besides, one can only spend so many hours learning about cancer before she needs to bring some cheer back into her life.  So, this has been the craziest year of my life.  A year ago I was still applying to graduate schools and reigning my kingdom of Provo.  Now I have been living in Boston for seven months!  And there are so many good things that have come out of it.  So bear with me while I make a little list of all the things I love and everything I'm grateful for.

1.  There is a church and ward anywhere I live.

2.  My wonderful family and their generosity.  (and i'm not just saying that because December 25th is ten days away.  but it is....)

3.  Getting an education, no matter how much it hurts at the time. (like vaccines)

4.  The feeling that I get when good things happen and I know it's a result of my hard work and everyone else's prayers.

5.  My car.  Materialistic as it is, she just makes me happy.

6.  Knowing that there's more to life than Provo and McLean.

7.  Chocolate chip cookies.

8.  Having amazing friends all over the world, and my new friends here in Boston.

9.  That feeling you get when you wear new shoes for the first time.  Heaven.

10.  Being happy :)

Well, I guess it's time for me to pick up the old cancer notes again.  Thanks for letting me bore you for just a little while.  MERRY CHRISTMAS!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love your list, Katie! i had a taste of the new shoe bliss last week when i finally wore a pair of designer chuck taylors that have been sitting in my closet for a year (i kept thinking they were too fancy and i should return them). when i saw you wearing yours at thanksgiving i decided to break mine out. of course, that was the day justin decided that my shoe is a nice place to rest his slobbery half-eaten piece of cheese in between bites. oh well, i guess that's a good way to break in new shoes!

Unknown said...

Oh so you do remember where your blog is. I thought you had forgotten how to get here, I'm glad you got back on, and hope you get the presents you desire because of it!