Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Critchfields do Youth Conference

Hello blog friends! Here are a few pictures from our trip to Kirtland, Ohio. Somehow people thought that Matt and I were mature enough to pass as chaperones and asked us to accompany the youth. My first order of official, adult business was hysterically calling my mother at 6:00 am asking her to bring sleeping bags to the church because no one informed me that I was responsible for my own bedding. Once that crisis was averted, Matt and I piled onto a bus with awkward, gangly 14 year olds. We then watched such mormon classics as "Mormons and Mobsters", "The Work and the Glory", and "The RM", and before we knew it we had arrived! The trip was really packed and included visits to the Morley Farm, the Johnson Farm, the Whitney store, and of course, the Kirtland Temple. It was a fun trip and I learned a lot about the church and it's history. I also learned, and this is truly important to my future happiness, that Matt can do one mean electric slide. I bet he was just the hottest thing at those Lodi Stake Dances.




2 comments:

Nicole said...

I love that it took when crazy long bus ride to discover Matt's dancing skills. Well worth it I say!

Valerie said...

Haha. I love you guys. You make me laugh.